GDPR Privacy Notice
Pannells Financial Planning Limited are committed to protecting your privacy and we want you to understand how we will use information collected from you, or provided to us, and the measures we take to safeguard the information.
Who are we?
We are one of the longest established and largest Independent Financial Planning firms in the UK. Established in 1989, we deliver highly specialised financial advice to individuals, companies and professional partnerships and have built a reputation based on the quality of service and impartial advice that we provide.
Information we may collect from you
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
• Information about who you are e.g. your name, gender, date of birth
• Where we can contact you e.g. address, telephone number, email address
• Financial information e.g. your salary and bank account details
• For proving who you are e.g. National Insurance Number, identification documents
• Information about your contact with us e.g. through meetings, telephone calls, emails and letters
• Information classified as special category information e.g. relating to your medical history. This information will only be collected and used where it is needed to provide the advice you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
• Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for products we advise on
• Information on children e.g. where a child is named as a beneficiary on the policy taken out by a parent on their behalf
• Where you are a corporate client, details we hold about your staff and corporate contacts (including if applicable staff family members)
• Where you are a trustee of a trust, the details of all trustees and any other beneficial owners, settlors and protectors as we deem appropriate
Where we collect your information
We may collect your information directly from various sources, including:
• At meetings with one of our Consultants
• Telephone conversations with us
• Emails or letters you send to us
• On application and other forms, you complete
• Our website
• Information provided by your employer relating to being a member of one their employee benefits schemes e.g. Workplace Pension Scheme, Group Life Scheme, Group Income Protection Scheme, Group Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Verification agencies so we can check your identity
How we use your information
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information to:
• Provide you with financial advice
• Administer the plans that we advise you or your employer on
• Prepare quotations for you
• Keep you informed of legislative updates
• Meet our legal and regulatory obligations
If you do not wish us to collect and use your information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our services.
Who we share your information with
For the purposes of providing you with our services and complying to legal and regulatory obligations, we may share your information with third parties who include:
• Financial Services Providers
• Your employer
• Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
• Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
• To fulfil our obligations in respect of prevention of money-laundering and other financial crime we may send your details to third party agencies for identity verification purposes
• Organisations where you have given your authority
• Our service providers e.g. IT companies who support our technology
• Our professional advisers
Where your information is processed
Your information is stored on secure servers in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). We do not transfer customer data outside the European Economic Area.
Pannells Financial Planning Limited holds data in various forms, including electronic databases and paper files. We take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your data is adequately protected and processed in line with this privacy notice.
We take measures to safeguard your information, however we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you transfer over the internet to us prior to receipt by ourselves.
How we protect your information
In line with our data protection obligations we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your information. Whether it has been collected, recorded or used in any way, appropriate safeguards will be applied.
We have processes and procedures in place which are regularly reviewed and are designed to protect your information.
Our employees receive annual training and receive regular updates to ensure they remain aware of our data protection obligations on an ongoing basis.
How long we keep your information
We will keep and process your personal data for at least seven years, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Your individual rights
Whilst Pannells Financial Planning Limited holds or processes your information, you have the following rights:
• Right of access
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If Pannells Financial Planning Limited refuses your request, we will provide you with a reason why, which you have the right to legally challenge
• Right to request that your information be rectified (corrected)
If your information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected
• Right to be forgotten
If certain conditions apply you can ask to have your information erased from our records. It may be that we will be unable to comply with your request if we have a legal or regulatory obligation to process or store your information
• Right to restrict processing
Where certain circumstances apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your information. We can still keep your information, but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted
• Right to data portability
You have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organisation
• Right to object
In certain circumstances you can object to Pannells Financial Planning Limited processing your information for direct marketing purposes
• Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
• Right to be informed
You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on why we hold your information, what we keep and who we share it with. We do this in our privacy notice
How to make a complaint
If, at any time, you are dissatisfied with how we have handled your personal data, you may write to our Data Protection Officer at 45 Church Street, Birmingham, B3 2RT (telephone number 0121 609 3298).
We undertake to consider any complaint carefully and promptly and to do all we can to explain the position to you. Once we have investigated your complaint, if you are not happy with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the link below: